Don't learn from your mistake.

Learning from one's mistakes is actually the worse thing to do.



My photography instructor back then would always say, 



Ola, for you to learn you have to make mistake.



And I accepted it.



After taking so many awkward shots, low, overexposed pictures and the likes...



I kept trying, making mistakes at the process but at last I got a grip of it.



And I was happy I made those mistakes because it gave me a whole lot of experience.



But it took a whole lot of time, the time I would have used to do and learn other things.



So I was just pondering, must I make mistakes before I can learn anything at all????



Why not learn from other people's mistakes?



 *Like me learning mistakes???* 



And it made a whole lot of sense...



If my instructor back then had enlightened me more about her own mistakes, I wouldn't have made the same mistake before I learn from them.



Just that enlightenment I needed and it would have saved me a whole lot of time I used in making those rigorous mistakes before finally learning.



I am not saying making mistakes is either wrong or right or that you wouldn't make mistakes at all.



But imagine you learning from other people's mistakes relating to what you're doing or learning.



 *It saves you more time.* 



 *It also gives you a perfect headstart.* 



 *It offers you a whole lot of experience you will need for now and in the long run.* 



That is why getting a *MENTOR* can't be over-emphasized.



A mentor will put you through, guide you, instruct you also not allow you to make the same mistake he or she once made.



Not just any mentor but a good mentor.



Get a good mentor in the field you find yourself in and it would save you a whole lot of years and stress.



Even if you will make mistakes at all because mistakes are inevitable, It would be minimal compared to just you doing it alone.



GET A MENTOR



Let's write, let's learn.



 Oladeji.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You are not you!

How to make your product sell itself with ease

WHY NOT TRY THESE?